Welcome to Renalinfo.com resources, support, and treatment for everyone affected by kidney disease
- What is Kidney Disease
- Kidney functions
- Kidney Disease
- Complications resulting from kidney failure
- Treatment for early stage kidney failure
- Treatment for end stage kidney failure
- Telling people about kidney failure
- Initial reactions after telling people about kidney failure
- What can I do?
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Comparison of dialysis methods
- Fluid balance
- Kidney Diet (dialysis)
- Tests (dialysis)
- Kidney transplant
- Tests (transplantation)
- Not treating your kidney failure
- Dialysis center
- Health Care Professionals
- Change Language
- Site Map
Follow us on:
At Renalinfo, you'll find information and support options for patients, families and caregivers affected by kidney disease.
- Questions about kidney disease?
- Newly diagnosed
with kidney disease?
- Living with kidney disease?
PD Solutions Supply Update
In order to keep customers, healthcare professionals and patients informed of the peritoneal dialysis (PD) supply situation due to increased demand for sterile solutions in the U.S., we have created the following section on our Web sites. Here, you can find the latest information about the situation and the steps Baxter is taking to address the situation and provide PD patients with the therapies and solutions they need to perform treatment.
Baxter's primary goal is to ensure that patients' needs for PD solutions are met, and we have taken a number of actions to help improve service levels and expedite product deliveries:
- Increased production of PD solutions to maximum capacity in amounts exceeding those of prior years,
- Planned for further capacity expansion dedicated to PD solutions in the first quarter of 2015,
- Implemented new delivery notification alerts/tracking systems to improve service levels,
- Increased the current fleet of Baxter drivers and the use of commercial carriers to expedite shipments,
- Added 45 new carriers to expand deliveries beyond normal business hours for some partial shipments, and
- Monitored inventory and prioritized clinical access to meet patient needs on an equitable basis.
We understand the critical role our products play in home dialysis treatments and are working diligently to explore alternatives to increase the supply of products available for the U.S. market.
We are committed to keeping you informed of the latest developments so please check back here for the most recent communications.
For additional information
Contact HomeCare Services: 1-800-284-4060